Aside from Christmas, I’m not a big seasonal decorator, I stick to making a few simple adjustments to welcome in a new season. In my opinion, seasonal decor can get tacky pretty quickly and living in NYC I dont have much storage space to store a million different things, so I like to decorate *gently*, below are my tips!
1. Swapping out curtains. In the warmer months, I love nothing more than watching white curtains do a little dance as a summer breeze gently drifts through them. As we prepare for the cooler weather, I like to bring the warmth inside with some velvety, rich, jewel-toned curtains.
2. Candles! Although I love to use candles ALL year round, there is something about them that really welcomes the cozier weather. Pair them with a fun and decorative candle stick for a little something extra.
3. Fall florals in earthy vases. Whether you go faux or dried, bringing nature inside aways does the trick.
4. Ambient lighting. My favorite time of day is lamp o’clock. My boyfriend jokes that I need to get clapper lightbulbs since I fall asleep first every night and he has to do a little ritual of going around the apartment and turning off every. single. light.
5. Statement lampshades– if you want to keep it simple and not buy all new lamps, just switch out basic white shades for some statement ones!
6. Add in pillows or just switch out pillow covers in deep velvets, dainty prints or textured fabrics.
7. Add some framed fall landscape art to your walls.
8. Fall is a great time for entertaining indoors so why not bring in so cozy additional seating to welcome in guests?!
9. If you’re looking to make a bigger change you can bring in an earth-toned rug to ground your space. I don’t usually switch out my rugs seasonally, but it’s pretty easy to do if they’re the same size- you can just layer them on top of each other!
10. Last but most importantly, you need some throw blankets for cuddling up on the couch as the nights start to arrive earlier.
I am completely with you on this! I can’t store lots of decor, and I need things that reflect the seasons without being on overload for every holiday. I do have more for Christmas, but the other holidays I do not. I love what you did.
Comments are closed.